Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We have stairs!

BEFORE

AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER

Yes folks - PD have been true to their word and have fixed our stairs. We are really happy as it makes a huge difference to the entrance and is as we had pictured it should be. The above before and after shots show the difference - and don't forget all the wood had actually been painted in off white subsequent to the "before" shots above which made the old version look even worse. Thanks PD for fixing this.

DH had a site inspection yesterday - a bit like a pre PCI with the SS. The meeting actually went for 2 hours and the SS walked away with a list as long as your arm of things to be fixed such as:
- problem with the gutters and downpipes, the SS too was somewhat surprised at how bad they were. The plumbers have let him down badly but will have to come back to fix their shoddy work!
- missing and misplaced lights
- bad plaster
- incorrect size mirror
- incorrect glass in the bathrooms
- dented window frames
- fixing roof tile gaps
- splitting alfresco door panel
...just to name a few.
Went by today to meet with driveway contractor to get a second quote and noticed they have already replaced alfresco door so good to see such a quick start.
Started packing old house and OMG what a nightmare to be doing it again so soon. I thought I had thrown out enough junk with the last move and would love to know where it has all come back from! We are trying to follow DGs advice and be ruthless when packing - maybe he could explain that to the kids?!? I am sick of the "Oh Mum, I can't possibly do without that" or "I might play with that again". Ugh!
I can feel a bourbon coming on......

4 comments:

NoShitSherlock said...

Hi Vicki! Those stairs look fabulous! Congratulations on your win there. I hope that is what we end up with.... It must be such an exciting, albeit busy, time for you. I'm with you regarding the kids not letting go of anything - I have to fight with my daughter over every little piece of paper I want to throw out!! Enjoy your bourbon.

THE HOLIDAY GANG said...

Thanks Mandy
Couldn't have gotten there without your help! I am sure that contract extract you provided really played heavily in our favour. ..and yes, very busy time - seems to be almost overwhelming really with all that needs to be organised from curtains to lounges to driveways to carpets. Not to mention I don't think half our furniture is going to match the new place!!

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Gang,
stairs look great and its great they came to the party and fixed the problem. We have one of those at the moment too (a problem that is) which we have put to PD. So hopefully they also come to the party.

R&C

Bernadette and Perry said...

Sensational! Nothing else to be said really....

My slideshow